Terms of service
Terms and Conditions
1. This website is owned and operated by Alma Studio. These are the terms under which you may use our website, App, and services as offered by us at our premises. This website and our App offers visitors information about our services, the ability to purchase services, the ability to book into our classes and other offerings, and a method of checking in on your own schedule and bookings. By accessing or using the website, App, or our services at our premises, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. In order to use our website, App, and/or purchase our services, you must be at least 18 years of age, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into these Terms and Conditions as a binding Agreement.
Classes and Memberships
3. You must complete the Waiver of Liability (Liability Waiver). You will not be permitted access to our premises unless you have completed the Liability Waiver.
4. Class Purchases or Membership allow you access to our Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement, our Rules or any other rules or policies pertaining to your Membership that we may introduce from time to time. We reserve the right to change, alter, withdraw or adapt any facilities, equipment, timetables, services, Rules and policies within the studio at any time.
5. Your Class Purchases or Membership applies to you personally. You cannot allow any other person to use your Membership. You must not bring, invite or aid a non-paying person to access our Premises.
6. We reserve the right to review your Class Purchases or Membership to ensure compliance with our policies prior to acceptance of your Membership.
Cancellation & No-Show Policy
7. You can change or cancel your class bookings up to 12 hours before the start of the class. If you cancel within 12 hours, customers with class packs or casual classes will forfeit your class credit used to book that class. Members will be charged a late cancellation fee of $10. Unfortunately we cannot assess late cancellation fees on a case by case basis, and all late cancellation fees will apply, and be charged to the card you have on file. If the card we have on file is invalid, or we do not have a card on file the late cancellation fee will sit as a debt owing on your account, which will need to be paid prior to being able to attend other classes.
8. Should you fail to attend a class you are signed up for, customers with class packs or casual classes will forfeit your class credit used to book that class. Members will be charged a no-show fee of $10. Unfortunately we cannot assess no show fees on a case by case basis, and all no show fees will apply, and be charged to the card you have on file. If the card we have on file is invalid, or we do not have a card on file the no show fee will sit as a debt owing on your account, which will need to be paid prior to being able to attend other classes.
9. Special events / workshops have a 48 hour cancellation period, and should you fail to attend (no-show) or cancel within this time period, there will be no refund provided.
Sickness & Cancellations
10. At Alma, we genuinely believe in promoting our community’s health and wellness, and for that reason we very strongly advise you to not come to the studio if you are unwell. Should you need to cancel your class within the 12 hour cancellation period, please give us a call and we will waive the fee associated with the late cancellation. We reserve the right to use our discretion in waiving said fees.
11. Covid is a reality of life now, and at Alma we want to make it simple and easy for you to take care of yourself and our community by staying home. We will suspend your account for the 7 day isolation period commencing on the day that you inform us that you have tested positive for Covid. We ask that you remain away from the studio for the full 7 day isolation period, and of course only come back when you are feeling 100% better.
Refund and Return Policy
12. Our services are non-refundable, all classes and class packs have an expiry date. If the services are not used within the prescribed time they will expire and no refund will be made for any unused portion of the package. All memberships are pre-paid and non-refundable.
13. For retail products, any undamaged product, simply return it with its included accessories and packaging along with the original receipt within 7 days of the date you purchased the product, and we will exchange it or offer a refund to the original payment method.
14. We reserve the right to change Fees at any time. In the event that Fees are to be changed, we will make reasonable attempts to provide you with written notice of change to Fees to your nominated email address. The notice period for the change of Fees will be no less than 1 calendar month from the date you receive notice. Notice of the change to any Fees is deemed to have been received by you 2 working days after we have sent written notice to you by email.
Membership cancellation, suspension and restriction
15. If you hold a Membership, your Membership will be automatically renewed at the conclusion of the Membership duration. Memberships are billed upfront every month. You are free to cancel your Membership at any time, giving at least 7 days notice prior to your next payment date. Should you give notice of cancellation with less than 7 days until your next payment date, you will still be charged for the next month. No refunds are payable on any fees which have been paid by you for your Membership. Cancel online (if paid via credit card) or contact us (if paid via direct debit).
16. We may cancel your Membership immediately and at any time by giving you written notice where you breach a fundamental term of this Agreement.
17. You may suspend your Membership at any time. We require notification in advance in writing (via email) 7 days prior to the start date of your desired suspension.
We have a minimum suspension period of 14 days, should you ask for a suspension of 13 days or less we will not honour the request.
18. We reserve the right to permanently or temporarily restrict or suspend your Membership, without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including if in our sole determination we have reasonable grounds to conclude that your access to our Premises should be restricted or suspended, or having regard to your health and/or safety or the health and/or safety of another member, or for non-compliance with our Rules, or for a breach of the terms of this Agreement. If your Membership is restricted or suspended on the grounds that you are physically unfit or unable to use our Premises, your Membership will not be reinstated until you provide us with a medical certificate confirming that you are medically fit or able to use our Premises.
19. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, with respect to automatically-renewed memberships, such memberships will be discontinued only upon the expiration of the respective period for which you have already made payment.
20. If you cause damage to our Premises or other property as a result of an intentional, dangerous, reckless or negligent act as reasonably determined by us or as a result of the breach of this Agreement or our Rules, then you agree that you shall be liable to us for the reasonable cost of the repair or replacement of our Premises or other property.
21. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, which may arise as a result of your use of our Premises or other services. This limitation does not limit or affect any rights a domestic consumer may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Compensation for personal injury by accident in New Zealand may be covered by the Accident Compensation Act 2001 (as amended or reenacted). You hereby release Alma Studio, its employees, agents, officers, and contractors, (“the Released Parties”) from all liabilities , causes of action, claims and demands that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occurs during the services provided or in any way related to the services. This release includes claims for the negligence of the Released Parties. This release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that New Zealand law does not permit to be excluded by agreement. You also agree not to sue or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries
22. We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Mobile number
- Billing or purchase information
- Birth date
23. I grant Alma Studio permission to photograph and/or videotape myself while on the premises, these images may be used in advertising or marketing campaigns on Alma’s website, and for promotional and informational material including, but not limited to, website, social media, flyers, brochures, emails, advertisements, newspaper articles, TV, or cable interviews/promotions. I understand I will not be identified by name unless I give my permission, I hereby waive and release any rights to compensation for, or ownership of, such images.
24. We collect your personal information in order to provide our services. We keep your information safe by encrypting credit card numbers using industry standard technology.
25. We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our studio, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce these Terms and Conditions, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
26. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 102/17 Joll Road, Havelock North, 4130.